Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lucky Me

Last Sunday I went to church to see the Easter service. I used to run a writing program at this church. I happened to read the brochure they gave out before the service and noticed that a Prof. was giving a talk at a luncheon soon.

Since I love to speak to groups and given a talk there several years ago, I E-mailed the person in charge to ask if they need a speaker next year. I told her my topics and guess what , she picked one she liked and I got a job .


Fancy Nancy Says: It never hurts to ask if they need a speaker. Sometimes the answer is yes and you get the job. The worst that can happen is they say no. You need to ask for what you want in life.  You may get it.

1 comment:

  1. Go Fancy Nancy!
    Congrats!!!

    You are a phenomenal networker.
    I miss you and love you lots,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.