Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Barak Obama and Fancy Nancy

When I learn how to scan in a picture , you will see Fancy Nancy and our President. In the picture I am actually handing him a $10 bill. No, I am not doing anything illegal, just helping him out with the recession economy.

Today we learned about a different President, Ronald Reagan. We visited his library and saw his plane Air Force One, which was suspended in his library. I did not go inside, since I am bad with heights, but everyone else said it was impressive.

We also saw a replica of the Oval Office in the Whitehouse. No, Monica Lewinsky was not there, since Reagan never knew her. The building included a piece of the Berlin Wall which was removed during Reagan's term. That was a high point in his career.

The Library has lots of interesting information, but in essence there are no books, so it is really a museum rather than a library.
We were there for several hours and the best part was the air-conditioning. It was very hot today, but as the day went on there was a lovely breeze outside. We sat outside and enjoyed the gorgeous view of the mountains that surround the area.

In California the mountains are everywhere. The Reagans sure picked a gorgeous spot for the library. They said he was buried nearby, but we never saw that.

At night we went to David's restaurant for dinner. It has Mexican food, so I just ate the vegetables. They put too much spice in the food for my bland diet.

Marty's grandkids have school tomorrow, so we are off to visit my college friend in Santa Ana. She just had ear surgery, so we can bond with ear information.

This blog has been fun and thanks to Lori, my teacher , she now has me on a new track.

Fancy Nancy flies home on Friday. We have had a wonderful trip and Marty's sons were super to us. We miss you all and look forward to reconnecting in Rhode Island. So far no ragweed here that I note, but it is high season in Narragansett. Hope the ragweed is not to bad this season. It is not my friend! Love to all,

Fancy Nancy winding up her California trip. Adeios till tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Another interesting episode about your California adventures.

    Funny that the Reagan library has no books!

    Safe journey home...
    can't wait to see you in R.I.

    Love now and always,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.