Friday, August 28, 2009

A Visit With A College Friend


Yesterday we visited my college classmate and she suprised us with another classmate who also visited for lunch. They have a lovely condo and enjoy life in California. We saw a book she has about the Jews who settled in Rhode Island and I was amazed to see Lena Blacher listed in the book. Lena was my grandmother. The brief article was written by Doris Hirsch and she talked about my grandmother's home in Oakland Beach. My dad said the house was swept away in the hurricane. I do not remember seeing the house, but he used to take me to see the ocean and he said he still paid taxes on the land, which was then under the water. I guess there was no flood insurance those days.

We checked into our Hampton Inn near the airport and now we are getting ready to fly back to Rhode Island this afternoon. This has been a marvelous trip for both Marty and me. I know he really enjoyed spending time with his grandkids and sons. The trip worked well, and the hotels and car were a bonus. We are thankful we were able to enjoy this wonderful vacation. See you all soon. Love, Fancy Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that's really something that Lena was in the book!

    Sounds like you had an incredible trip.
    Can't wait to see you on Monday and hear all about it in person!
    Love now and always,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.