Sunday, August 23, 2009

I am in California now posting this new caption. What a nice experience to listen to Steve Forbes at THE MONEY STORE conference. I bought his book, and he even signed it. We have spent the last few days in San Francisco touring and seeing the city like a native. We did not take the group tours, but instead we rode the local bus and really saw the people who live and work here.

Our bus was packed and there are folks from all over the world who live here. It seems that many people from the Orient live here. I feel as if I am in China or Japan.

The laws in San Francisco really protect seniors. Two different times folks on the bus got up to give me a seat. I guess that proves that I am getting older.

The Federal law on the bus requires that seniors and disabled may use certain seats. I guess that is why they got up and asked me to sit down. Getting older can be fun.

I do love traveling, and learning about a different location is stimulating. Today we went to the airport to book a car for Los Angeles. We have two deals, but I will probably take the easier one. With luggage it is not so easy to run around.


I am amazed at hot dry the grass is here, compared to Rhode Island. I guess they do not get that much rain. There is always a mist over the hills and mountains, but it does not seem to make the grass greener.

Yesterday we went over the Bay Bridge to Sausalito. Lots of tourists there. You only have to pay one way on the bridge, and the price is $6. No senior discounts here!

We have enjoyed senior deals on Bart, the fast transportation system into downtown San Francisco. What a nice deal. We rode four trips for our senior ticket of only $9. A cab ride would have cost each trip about $40. It pays to ask for senior rates.

I am happy to again be able to be on my blog. For a while I was not able to write, but it seems okay now. I will keep you posted.

Fancy Nancy Traveling

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back-oh wonderful Blogmaster!
    I enjoyed reading the adventures of 'Fancy Nancy Traveler'...
    could be an fascinating book series...
    with a movie to follow.
    Who do think would be a good actress to play the leading role?

    love you now and always!
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Fancy Nancy! Nice to hear your adventures on the road! Maybe there's a Globetrekker show there - "When Seniors Hit the Road". ??

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.