Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Up the Hill an Down the Hill

Up the Hill and Down the Hill

We had a wonderful tour with David, Wendy , and the kids. We stopped for a delicious lunch and admired the scenery. There are beautiful mountains , and then the lovely ocean below. The mountains surround you, and the houses are built everywhere, even at the top of the mountains. Heaven knows what happens when they get rain and mud. Hopefully, the houses do not slide down the mountain. I could never live at the top of a mountain, since I hate high places.

In the afternoon we visited an area like Coney Island. Lots of rides for the kids, lots of noise, and it was very warm. I finally found a shady spot, and turned my cochlear implant off for a while, to enjoy some peace and quiet. There are times where being deaf is a plus!

After the kids had knocked themselves out on some rides, we left to go back to our hotel. Emily, David's 10 year old said she felt sick . I was not suprised since she had just completed a ride that would even get an space flyer upset. The ride turned her upside down many times, and just watching the ride could upset your stomach. I think this is the last time she will try that ride.

At night we had dinner at their house. They got Chinese food, and we enjoyed seeing their lovely home. They have now been here five years and love the area.

David, Marty's son manages 22 Mexican restaurants. He says they are doing okay in spite of the recession. Since places have been busy, I fail to see the recession during the short time we are here.

Tomorrow we will reconnect with them. We drove home with out PT cruiser and luckily Marty brought his GPS. With that aboard, we were able to navigate finding our hotel again. Since we do not know the area, the signs are all strange to us. Many of the streets have Spanish names. Even though I have been taking Spanish this summer, all the names seem like Greek to us.

I am enjoying this new blog. It seems like a good way to connect with others. Wendy also has a blog and will now travel with her blog group she met online. Who knows where my blog will take me! I will keep you posted. Fancy Nancy in California

3 comments:

  1. Hola Mi Mama Magnifica...
    I love following your trip.
    Sounds like you're having a wonderful time.
    Your blog titles are super-creative...
    just like you!

    Looking forward to seeing you in R.I.
    love now and always,
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful phrase choices for your descriptions. Sometimes blogs about family travels can seem like slides of family vacations but your posts fly by and make me smile throughout! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was our pleasure to have had you visit!
    Hopefully, next time - we will have more time to spend with you!

    love,
    Wendy, David, Emily and Rachel

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.