Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Appliance Medicare Becomes a Reality

Several years ago I wrote an article called "Appliance Medicare" . In my article I noted that most of my appliances had chronic problems. My stove had cardiac arrest, my computer ate all the material, my air system would never shut off. Well, I suggested that my appliances needed medicare.

Someone must have been listening. I read in yesterday's newspaper that the federal government is making available $300 million to consumers for the purchase of new, energy-efficient home appliances. This was approved by Congress this year.

Well , I have already replaced my sick appliances two years ago. I would now prefer that they adjust social security and not freeze it for two years. I think it is nice to help out with appliances, but it is far better to help folks with social security. I hope they will listen to me now.

Fancy Nancy on government spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.