Monday, September 7, 2009

Snippets is Born--Single words trigger stories

I am working on a new book called SNIPPETS. It is a collection of one page stories I have written based on one word. It is fun to see how you can develop a short piece of writing with only one word as a trigger. I think I will try one right here on my blog.

The new word is cold. What ideas come from that single concept?

1. Why can't we cure the cold?
2. What happens to us when we feel cold?
3. Why can't I fall asleep when I am cold?
4. What are the cold, hard, facts about an issue?

Now you try to develop a story based on a single concept. Jump in cold and see what you come up with as a trigger to your thoughts.

5. Maybe it is time to go to Florida since it is getting cold out.

I look forward to your thoughts on the " cold" subject.

Fancy Nancy is feeling cold tonight. The weather is changing.

2 comments:

  1. Mom--Creative blog...
    Gets me to "think outside the box".
    When I think of you...
    I have the opposite of "cold" feelings.
    I think of you with a great deal of
    warmth and love!

    To my mom and mentor who always 'thinks outside the box'...
    Love now and always--
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one likes getting the cold shoulder but a cold drink on a hot day is a welcome refreshment. A cold stare is unwelcome but cold cloth on the forehead is a comfort when ill.

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.