Friday, June 25, 2010

A RIPTA Special

Today i had to renew my senior bus pass since five years had passed since I first got my pass. I called the bus company to ask where I could get a new one. They directed me to the Rhode Island Mall.

I asked them where do I go in the Mall? They said go to Sears and you will find them. Sears is a large store with many entrances and exits. I started by asking sales people in Sears where the bus pass renewal was located. No one knew so they kept sending me to the place where you get the bus.

Time was running out, since they are only scheduled to be there for a few hours. Finally, one salesperson knew what I was talking about. She led me to a small table in the heart of the mall and there they were. Well, I paid my money, got my new 5 year pass, and was amazed that 90% of the stores in the mall no longer existed. Wow, Rhode Island is really in recession.

I hope to go back to Newport to try to sell my book to Salve Regina College. I will use my new bus pass. What a deal . Only 85 cents each way to get there by bus. I look forward to my new adventures.

Fancy Nancy Renews Her Senior Bus Pass!

1 comment:

  1. Hola Fancy Nancy,
    We just returned from our Brooklyn visit with Ben. So glad you were able to renew your senior bus pass. Looking forward to seeing you this Thursday at 12:45 for our Nook lunch get-together and then our last Spanish class with Emily!

    Love you so much..now and always!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.