Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meeting The Diabetic Counselor

What a surprise. This morning I went to an exercise class and then I had an apt. with a health counselor. I could not believe that when I went to meet the health counselor there was the same gal who had led the exercise class at the Y. She works two different jobs.

She was excellent and taught me how to use some new equipment and gave me some good advice. I am allowed to see her again next May and Medicare covers the cost. I was glad I had the appointment since you always learn something you never knew. She agreed that at some point I would need some medication, but suggested I wait until my next blood work.

It always pays to get more than one opinion. As my daughter Lynn says, after your research then go with your gut. I like that approach. Lynn is a wise gal. It poured all day, but the day went quickly between banking and medical apts.

Fancy Nancy Says: Take the time to get more than one opinion. You never know what you will learn. PS Social Security announced today there will be a 3.2 raise next year. I think it is because it is an election year. Lots of seniors will be happy. We had accounts frozen for two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.