Monday, December 26, 2011

New Books At the Bargain Box

The library was closed today and I wanted to read some new books. I went to my favorite resale shop and bought 4 books each about $1-3 dollars a book.

When I think about the amount of time that the author spent in writing the book and the cost to publish the book, it is amazing that we can purchase a $25 book for only a small amount. Ofcourse, someone else has already given the purchase price.

I have written three books and the time that goes into the writing and the printing is tremendous. I have enjoyed writing my books and I guess the other authors feel the same way.

All I know is it is a labor of love. I always tell me students, keep your job, because writers like artists and musicians may not be compensated for the good work that they do.

Fancy Nancy Says: If you want to make money , don't plan on being a writer or an artist. Find a job that guarantees a paycheck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.