Thursday, March 3, 2011

Some Define Education With Limits

I just learned that in Rhode Island a program that I suggested for the Learning in Retirement would not run. Since they were not offering the course last summer, when students asked where they could take it, I shared that information. I thought education included sharing resources and ideas. Evidently, the curriculum committee wants the exclusive rights to their ideas and their programs. To me this is censorship and not what education is all about. Too bad, their loss!


Fancy Nancy is learning: Even educators guard and censor information. To me that is a narrow view of what education is about. I define education as sharing information not restricting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.