Friday, November 18, 2011

A Good Time to Start Somthing New

We just returned to our winter home and the move went quite smoothly. Well, I even have some free time before I have to teach again, so I thought perhaps I will find something new and fun to do.

Well, the ads in the paper were not much help. The only ad I saw was for a Salvation Army bell ringer, and with two Masters Degrees, I guess I would qualify. Wrong, they want 40 hours a week, and I can't work 8 hours a day ringing a bell.

Perhaps the library could use some help. They said I could put books on a shelf, but I had to fill out an online application to apply and then wait for them to review it. Forget that idea.

Maybe the Y would like me to teach some courses? Left my name and so far no reply.

I tried my religious organization, the Federation, but they did not need help.

Well, I have always enjoyed volunteering at the Chamber. I contacted them and I am waiting for them to reply.

I am beginning to feel like one of the group camping out in a New York Park.

Well today I was so happy. The Chamber called and they want to interview me. Great!

Yes, I was looking for something new and perhaps it includes what I have learned. Finding a job is a full time job, even for volunteers.

PS I met with them today and yes, I got the volunteer job. I start in a week .

1 comment:

  1. Ringing a bell for eight hours at a time does sound tedious. Here it's a paid job, though. Guess there aren't enough volunteers.
    I hope with all your work you still have time to work on Snippets II.
    Enjoy the nicer weather . . .

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.