Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Writing Class Has Some Great Students

My new writing class at the Park has 4 wonderful students. Today they read their writing and the results were wonderful. One dentist wrote about his trip to Alaska, and he had a hilarious story about his ride on the local bus and the cast of characters he encountered en route.

I had to meet the bank to discuss an idea I had for offering a seminar called Women and Finance. I met with the local President of the Regions Bank and she was lovely. I just submitted a proposal if I am to be involved. If they accept my proposal , I will do the work.

We never discussed my fee, so I think that they thought I was volunteering my time. Since they are not a volunteer agency , I E-mail a summary of our meeting and suggested a plan with my fee. Time will tell if they are willing to hire me.

I also heard from the place I play golf. They are meeting tomorrow to see if they want to offer a writing program next season. I would teach the program next season.

It has been busy lately, and I am enjoying my teaching and also trying to carve out some free time as well.

Fancy Nancy says: I do love teaching and creating new programs is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.