Thursday, July 7, 2011

Senior Center Events

I have volunteered to run a news group at the local senior center. Today would have been my first meeting with the group, but no one arrived. Oh well, it gave me a chance to do some paperwork. The senior center in our area is lovely. They offer many good programs, and most of the programs are run by dedicated volunteers. I even had a delicious lunch there, chicken cordon blue. A gourmet lunch for a $3.00 donation.

I still hope more students will sign up for my classes at the local Y. In the summer it is hard to predict what folks will do. Many simply go to the beach. In any case time will tell what happens to all these programs. All you can do is try to offer them and hope there is some interest.


Fancy Nancy Says: Teaching enrollment is often unpredictable. You never know if students will show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.