Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Rainy Fun Day In Naples

Today I had to return some books to a library at a church where I used to teach. I found two good books and then I went to the church service. They were having a day to celebrate women. The church has a huge, beautiful organ, and I enjoyed watching the service.

After the service I was leaving and a very nice lady came over to me and told me I had forgotten my umbrella. She also told me about a free discussion program on Sunday mornings. If it rains another Sunday, I might attend the discussion group and learn what they talk about.

At noon I picked up my friend and we went out to lunch. We discussed a new idea that I had about forming an investment group. She said she would be interested. I had done this in the past and we had 25 women in Rhode Island in an investment group. I may set one up next season in Naples. It is very valuable for women to learn about money.

My program that I did with the bank on Friday was a huge success. The lunch was great , and the speakers were excellent. I was one of the speakers, but I learned from the other speakers as well. The one thing that I did learn was one should not carry a checkbook in your pocketbook. As a result, I took my checkbook out of my pocketbook, and I now keep it in my house.

Fancy Nancy says, " You can always learn something new from someone else-just listen"

1 comment:

  1. 2 EARS...
    ONE MOUTH---
    LISTENING AND LEARNING-
    MUY IMPORTANTE...

    WISE WORDS FANCY NANCY!

    LOVE,
    LYNN

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.