Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fancy Nancy May Rethink Volunteer Jobs

Recently I joined a women's organization. They do offer some excellent programs and there are many lovely women in the program. I said that I would do some volunteer programs next season and even offered to do one this season.

The organization is run with a chain of command. Usually, when I do a program for pay, I go directly to the person in charge and make an agreement. Doing volunteer programs could be okay, but they present a different format.

I will have to review whether I am willing to go through the hurdles of the chain of command when there is a different process and no pay. For the moment, I need to rethink what my priorities are. In the meantime , I will not make any final decisions about next season until I have more information for future planning.

I do know that once you are dealing with committees of ladies, it can take a lot longer to accomplish your goals. Time will tell about my decision, but for now I will research other options.

I was willing to put a program into effect this spring, but the powers that control the program did not want to agree. As a result, I might reconsider my offer regarding programs for next season. I am a person of action, and I don't know if I will be willing to deal with a chain of command for no pay. Perhaps I will look further for other options. In the meantime, I work today and never know if any students will arrive at the program I offer in the park. I need to write some news releases to increase the enrollment.

Fancy Nancy Rethinks Course Volunteer Positions

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.