Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Class Reunion 2010

Every year my former writing class has an annual Valentine's Day class reunion. This year was wonderful. I always have fun prizes and this year I asked everyone to think of what I could do with a bargain I bought at a consignment store to $3. It was a very long white silk piece of material that could be used as a drapery on a window. I asked everyone to suggest how I could use it. The funniest answers included the following:

1. Return it and get your money back 2. Use it to cover my plants in the cold weather 3. Use it for a Circque Soleil routine. 4. Dump it! 5. Have students sign it with their names.

The winner got the huge white curtain to take it home to cover her plants. We had a lot of laughs with their ideas. They also told us what they were doing in writing since last year. They really enjoy these reunions, and I have fun seeing everyone as well. I ran this group called the Writing Workshop for 18 years.

I then looked at a condo for sale at a nearby golf course. The place was a mess, and the renter in their now was a smoker. The bed was not made, the kitchen was filthy, and overall the condo was old. Even though the owner only wants $115,000, it would need to be repainted and fixed up. The condo overlooks the golf course , and that is a plus. The owner is 84 years old, and he says he wants to sell since he has some medical issues. I gave him a Valentine's present for his wife. I do not think I will give him even a low offer to buy the place. It was fun to see it though.

Fancy Nancy says Valentine's Day is fun and our annual class reunion.

1 comment:

  1. Fancy Nancy...
    Your Valentine's Day Class Reunions sound like so they are a hoot!
    You are a clever, creative group leader.

    Miss you and love you,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.