Monday, October 5, 2009

Golf for $6

Today I finished off my new book called Snipetts. It is now being printed and I hope to use it this year for holiday gifts. I enjoyed doing the writing and I hope my readers will have fun with it. My daughter said, " It would be great bathroom reading, since all the stories are mostly only one page. "

To celebrate, I decided to play my 5 hole golf at my favorite course, Goddard Park. Would you believe you only pay $6 if you walk the course. Since I am there for the exercise, I paid my $6 , put 5 clubs into my umbrella stroller , and I was on my way.

I was happy to be playing alone, since I do not like to hold up better golfers. I only do 5 holes, and then call it a day. When people saw I was alone, they kept letting me go through, since most were foursomes.

I seem to play better by myself, since I am more relaxed without others watching me. In any case, I am there for the walk, and I don't worry too much about my shots. The most amazing thing is the price. Even if I go to a driving range, the price is $6. Here I can play as long as I want for the same price. What a good deal. I don't know of any place in Florida where golf is so cheap. Usually, they don't let you walk, and you must use a golf cart.

With my umbrella stroller and a few golf clubs, I had a nice two hour walk, and then came home and took a nap. Overall, a fun day. I am the only golfer with a baby carriage on the course. They said it was okay, and with permission, I headed onto the course.

Perhaps this blog should be called, Cheap Golf with a baby carriage.

Fancy Nancy on the Greens!

3 comments:

  1. I love this story, Nancy! And what a great idea. Wish I'd been out there today but I'm not sure I could even connect the club to the ball! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried putt putt and could not even keep it in my area. It is not a safe sport for others if I am using the club.

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy Nancy...
    Sounds like the best deal in town...
    what could be better for $6...
    golf...exercise...enjoyment!

    Now you need to take pics and post them on your blog so we can see Fancy Nancy with baby carriage playing golf!

    Have a great week...
    Love now and always,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.