Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Rollercoaster Day

Today I did not have to teach, so I thought what would be fun and different. I decided that I would take the bus to Newport. I did find out that the bus no longer goes from my street, so next I would have to drive to a nearby location.

Fine, I got there on time. The only problem was I was standing across the street from where the Newport bus picks up. As a result, I was not in the right place. I saw the bus go by, and missed it. Now it was time to try to make it to the railroad station and find the bus there.

I made it , and the driver said," I am on break, so come back in 10 minutes". I parked at the free parking in the station and ran back and made it. Great! The trip was a bargain. With my senior pass only 85 cents for the one hour ride. Much better than paying the new bridge rates.

One hour later i was in Newport. Parked in the harbor was a huge passenger cruise boat that had docked. It had 18 decks and 3.000 people. Boy , I bet the merchants were so happy for the inflow of customers. I enjoyed watching them line up as they boarded a launch that would take them back to the ship.

I spoke with a young man from Russia who works on board. Then back to the bus terminal to return to Narragansett for another 85 cents. I enjoyed the lovely colors of the tress as we are now in the fall season. One hour later I was back at the station and I picked up my car.

After returning home, I called to see if my new book was ready. No, they replied , the machine to correct their errors was broken and they did not know when it would be fixed. I was furious. I went to the Staples store and was ready to cancel the whole order since after 10 days it was not done. Marty went with me since I was so mad, I did not trust myself to be calm.

In any case the girl in charge said I could get a full refund. She did not know when the machine would be ready. What she omitted to tell me, was that I would get the books eventually for free.

My anger diminished, and I am still waiting, but the price was right. I never knew until today that if they goof and you are unsatisfied, then your order is free. This was from Staples. I have used them in the past, but I never had seen their sign about free orders. Needless to say, I calmed down. I am still waiting for my order, but the price is now right.

I guess life is like that . We all have roller coaster days. The trick is to roll with the punches. Blogs are great for venting!!!!

Fancy Nancy vents on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.