Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Patience Is A Virtue

I was all excited yesterday because I was going to finally pick up my new book from the printer. They had misplaced the order, and finally they found it and even though it was a week late, I wanted to see the results.

When I got home I started to pack and ship my new baby to friends and family. Priority envelopes were ready, and I quickly stuffed the new book into the envelopes and had them ready for shipping.

Fortunately, before sealing the packages I decided to do a final proof reading. I must have proofed it at least six times before Staples the printer got it. In any case it was a wise move. I was near the final section and suddenly I realized that one of my stories was missing the second page. Oh no! I kept on reading . About four pages later, I found the second page.

Guess what I had to do next! I could not allow the book to go out with this error. I undid all the packages, called Staples, and this morning I was back there with all of the copies needing to be fixed.

Now they had been a week late, misplaced a page, and vowed that the book would be ready tomorrow morning. Tonight the phone rang. It was Staples. Their machine broke down, so it will take a bit longer.

I must admit that patience is a virtue. They did give me a slight discount, but it seems that even though you do your proofing, others may not give it the same attention.

Well, I taught this morning and our writing focused on the word confusion. I decided that there is a lot of confusion in our world today. The lesson I have to learn is not to expect the results on time. In this way you will not be disappointed, and frustration will begin to disappear.

Luckily I do not have a deadline to meet. I am more relaxed today about the project. With some good luck I may get the book fixed by tomorrow. If not, it will be time to ask for more discounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.