Friday, October 2, 2009

Hola, friends and family

I am taking Spanish at the senior center now. The teacher is very vibrant. I also started teaching Life Story Writing at the Y. I am enjoying my new car , and learning about all the buttons in the car is a new education.

We are not very good with new buttons. In my last car we pushed the child-lock button and all our windows remained open. Not until we made an apt. with service were we able to fix the problem. We thought that we might have to replace the windows. This gives you some idea about our mechanical ability.

Today when you buy a new product, you really need the salesperson to come and live with you for an extended period of time. Indeed, they are the only ones that understand the product.

I got a 300 page book on the vehicle, and I think even an engineer would not know what they are saying. Does anyone ever read these manuals? My guess is that even if they read the thing, they still don't know what all the buttons and gadgets are for.

I teach reading, and English; however, these manuals are probably written by engineers. As a result, the lay person has no idea what they are saying.

My next career should be writing manuals for the average person. As a result we could knock off 297 pages of the booklet, and with luck 3 simple pages might do the job. Well, I may begin teaching for New England Technical Institute. Perhaps I should suggest a new course, " Learning to Read A Car Manual". I know I can't do it. I wonder who can???

Fancy Nancy onto a new career---- Car Manual Interpreter

2 comments:

  1. This is a very clever and well written post, Fancy Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy Nancy---
    You are right...
    I have read many manuals that could use your writing skills...
    you would definitely make these manuals simple and easy to understand.

    I love following your insightful blog!
    Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.