Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cold Weather Freezes Communication Lines

Well, yesterday we lost all communication services. The phone, computer and tv do not work. I am at a hotel using the computer since mine is dead. I guess the Florida power lines can't take the cold we are experiencing.

This morning was my first day teaching at Fleischman's Park. I go dancing at the same place, and suggested that they add a writing course. The students only pay $5 and they can come as often as they wish. I was happy to have two students today, and they both said they would come back next week as well. Tomorrow I hope to have students for my Speed Reading at the same place. I do enjoy the teaching, and I hope others will soon attend as well.

The sun is out today, so it will probably get a bit warmer. I just got approved to do a lecture for a program that just started last year at URI. If it fills then they may want more sessions in the fall. Time will tell. Hope our communication services soon get repaired. In the meantime, I am using the computer at a hotel.


Fancy Nancy says cold weather freezes communication services at Comcast. Keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Comcast is running new lines through our neighborhood and going to offer us high-speed internet. But maybe I should hang onto my Verizon dialup. It's slow, but reliable.

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.