Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cupons Make Good Sense and Save Money

In the past I never really used money-saving cupons. Marty is the master cupon saver. Well, last week he gave me a 30% off cupon he found for my favorite bargain store. Today I just came back from The Bargain Box and guess what I bought! They had three sewing machines and I decided to buy one of them. I made the $40 investment for a Kenmore machine. Now I have to bring it into the house to see if it really works. The sign on the machine said in working order, but one never knows until you try it.

I am not a master at sewing machines, but in this case, I feel that the Bargain Box deserves the money . They are a church charity, and when you buy there, they put the money to good charitable use. I often drop off bags of used items I do not want. I also seem to find items that I need. I have used the Bargain Box for 25 years, and they used to have furniture as well. Needless to day, some of the items in my home came from this wonderful place.

You too can save money if you find your local bargain place. The second hand shops are everywhere, and they seem to be doing better than the retail stores. I often say to Marty, the lovely jacket you see on someone in the fancy restaurant will probably be in the Bargain Box next season. Just wait and you may own it.


Fancy Nancy enjoys a bargain!

3 comments:

  1. At our thrift store we can usually buy a large trash bag full of freshly washed and ironed clothes for $7.00. Love it!
    Our cold snap seems to be over for now. Temp today was 50. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thrift stores! I always visit a few of them each time I go back to RI. Unfortunately, in NYC they are actually kind of expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...can you now sew?!

    The Bargain Box sounds like a win-win...
    bring in things...
    take out things...
    bring more things...
    The cycle continues..
    and it's all for a worthwhile cause.

    A definite win-win!

    Miss you and love you now and always,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.