Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Writing Class and Toilet Paper

Today I went to my Saturday morning writing class. I do not teach this class but attend. We have a woman who facilitates the group and this morning in spite of cold and rain 16 people arrived.

Usually our leader writes and shares her one page piece with all of us. We each have one word as a topic and then we write only one page and read it to the group. My one word today was new for the New Year. I encouraged the group to try something new and listed the new things I am doing.

Our leader used two words, lost cause. She talked about how the size of the toilet paper roll has shrunk, but the price is the same or higher. She even brought in the end of the roll with no paper on it and compared it to prior rolls. She said she could write to Congress about the shrinkage, but she felt it would be a lost cause. I thought the subject was a riot, and the class roared as she passed around old toilet paper samples.

In my class we have snow birds from everywhere. We meet once a week and this group has been ongoing for at least five years . We previously met at the local library, but they are no longer open Sat. mornings. Now we meet at a local church and today we made a donation for the use of the room.

The range of writing talent is wide, and even those who had no talent have improved greatly. It is fun to reconnect with the group even though we only see each other once a week. This class is what triggered the material for my book SNIPPETS.

An update on Florida weather: Tonight it will be about 30 and they suggested we could have some snow. I am using all my winter clothes. Maybe it is a good time to invest in oranges. For sure the new crop will freeze.

Fancy Nancy says , " Visit Florida , and pack your ski clothes. You will need them for sure!"

2 comments:

  1. Fancy Nancy...
    You are an investment guru.
    The prices of oranges have gone way up.

    Oh...and so have the prices of toilet paper!

    Love you and miss you,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. wwwareaderslife.blogspot.comJanuary 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM

    Looks to me like Snippets: Volume Two is in the works.
    Warm weather's coming!

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.