Friday, January 29, 2010

Florida Gulf Coast University Program

I found out yesterday that in spite of a low enrollment my Life Story course will start on Monday with a reduced rate of pay since only three students registered. I accepted the reduction, since I do want to teach there. It seems that economically, there are lots of job cuts even in teaching.

I enjoyed listening to a lecture this morning on Vietman, the 21st century. It was given by a professor from Florida Gulf Coast University. One benefit I do get there is that I can take some free lectures for certain programs. This professor's son married a girl from Vietnam, so he has visited the country three times. He said women are still second rate citizens there, and the family has a strong hold on all the members. Loyalty , conforming to family tradition, and respect for elders are essential. The individualism of the west is not encouraged. He really knew his subject .

His son is back in the United States and he and his Vietnam wife are having a hard time finding employment. I do not think that the recession is over, even though Washington says it is. When people continue to lose jobs they have no money to spend. As a result, I think our economy has not yet recuperated. We still are having economic problems in the United States, and probably other countries are dealing with the same problems. We are a global economy. As a result most economic declines exist everywhere.


Fancy Nancy is still out there marketing . She does have some new ideas for other programs.

1 comment:

  1. Fancy Nancy,
    Sounds like an interesting lecture.
    Enjoy your class tomorrow.
    Please tell Aunt Wini and Uncle Bobby I said hi.

    Have a wonderful week.
    Love now and always,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.