Thursday, January 14, 2010

Power is Restored --- Hooray!!

Last night we finally got our power restored. I guess Florida is not used to the very cold weather we have been experiencing. I started my teaching yesterday . I have several students for my writing workshop, a new program that was never offered before at one of the local parks.

Today I was to teach Speed Reading, but do to an expected bout of illness, I had to cancel. As it turned out, it was okay, since they did not have any students yet for that class.

Time will tell if it will run. In any case , the writing program will continue. It is so nice to be able to use my computer again and have a phone. You become very dependent on technology, and when it does not work, it is difficult to let people know why you aren't responding.

Tonight we have a movie club meeting, and since the meeting is at my house, I decided not to cancel. I took some medication and I do feel better, so I should be okay for the meeting.

Love to hear from you and Fancy Nancy says, "Keep in touch!"

2 comments:

  1. Fancy Nancy,
    I'm thinking of you and hoping you keep feeling better.
    So glad you got your power back.
    The Florida sun is returning...hooray!

    Today...Tavit and I had fun visiting the Palm Beach Zoo with Rebecca and David.
    It is a beautiful place with fascinating animals.

    Fancy Nancy and all your blog readers:
    Keep all of the people in Haiti in your thoughts and prayers.
    This country is going through heartbreaking devastation.
    A group of 12 students and 2 faculty from Lynn University (Rebecca's college) had arrived in Haiti the day of the earthquake for a service project with Food for the Poor.
    Since the earthquake...11 students have been located and are safe. (One of them is a good friend of Rebecca's).
    They are still searching for the 12th student and for the 2 faculty members. (One of them is the Dean of the College of Education...Rebecca's college.)
    Please keep all of the people in Haiti in your thoughts and prayers.

    Fancy Nancy...
    Love you so much...
    now and always,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray we have power!!!!

    ReplyDelete

After your comment you can select anonymous and push post to have your comment published.